10 April 2012

10-on-10 April edition

My April entry for our monthly 10-on-10 contains photos were taken almost a month ago--just a few days after the March edition.  As soon as the stars aligned for this day, March 13, 2012, I knew it would be my entry for April and I have been dying to share here.

My sister Jennifer is almost 6 years younger than me.  5 years 11 months and 2 days to be exact.  For most of my life she was a kid. Even when I got married and started having babies, she was still a kid.  And now, she has 2 kids of her own.  Dude!  My baby sister who once ate a live frog, who snooped around my room and used our house 2 states away as a refuge with her boyfriend (now husband), now has 2 little boys.  We used to ride bikes in or parents' driveway and swim out back and spends hours upon hours on the treehouse.  Now we have husbands and babies.

A few months before JKC was born, she asked me to be present for his birth and to capture the day.  So after a false alarm weekend in South Carolina waiting on the little guy, he finally made his appearance on Tuesday, March 13.  I arrived at about 10 a.m. after she had received her epidural and was sleeping through the last few hours of labor.  JKC was born at 11:39 a.m..  Even after delivering my own 3 children, I can not express the emotion and peace of watching a child enter the world.  I was graced with the gift of watching this perfect little being, God's child, take his very first breath.  I watched my baby sister bring life into the world.  (And btw, she is the mack daddy baby pusher:).  I was there when my brother-in-law cut the cord and when A became a big brother.

This was, hands down, one of my favorite days of my life.














And no, you did not miscount.  There are actually 12 photos, not 10.  I have vowed not to over post but sorry--I just could not weed it to 10 this time.

Continue in our circle of 10-on-10 by visiting Cecelia Moreno.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful share, Jessica!!! I envy this experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So moving and such amazing images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm sure your sister is so so grateful for these images. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jessica.. these are so beautiful! I love your photo documentation.. and your words to go along with it. Priceless! Congratulations to her and her family!
    She really ate a live frog? :)

    http://www.onefavoredlife.com/

    ReplyDelete