08 May 2012

10-on-10 May edition

You guys know the drill.  10 photographers post 10 photos on the 10th of each month.  The idea is to capture real life and that is exactly what I managed to do this month.  I started off carrying my camera everywhere.  I set my phone alarm and took a photo of my view on the hour.  As the day unfolded I got lazy but still, 10 images of my day.  Plain ol' me.

My life: mother of 2, wife, never bored, always moving, plain, real.....


making the boys' lunches before school

my view as my boys walk (i.e. run to avoid the rain) into school

I have finally been able to recently focus on our every growing to-do list.  After 10 years in this house, it's time for some fresh paint and a few minor upgrades.  I love this stuff.

The ugly brass drawer pulls are GONE!!  When we bought this house those pulls were one of the first things we wanted to upgrade.  Finally.  It only took 10 years.  

I have detested my laundry room for years.  Not disliked.  Loath.  I hated that space.  It was dark and beige and cramped and just gross.  We emptied the laundry room to clean and paint and add new cabinets.  In our house of at least 20 loads of laundry per week, emptying the laundry room is a serious decision.  My better half is traveling for work this week so we still have to add the cabinets and hem the curtain that will hang in front of open front cabinets, but here is the project in progress.

I love spending time in here now.

Someone needs to fold laundry more often--consequence of emptying the laundry room

processing photos

So, I said I have been on a home upgrade kick.  I always get antsy when my better half travels.  I stay up too late working on projects and reading.  I dream and create more work for myself.  I got out of the shower a couple days ago and decided to paint our bathroom vanity black....and add tile around the mirror.  So....

self photo; work in progress


My boys are 5 and 7.  They are not little anymore.  They no longer need to stand on a stool to help me cook.  However, their stool still sits in our kitchen.  I can not make myself put it away.  I recently painted it black and we added a couple extra touches.  I have spent hours making handprint and footprint projects with my boys to give to grandparents but I have very few of them myself.  So this is mine--a reminder of the point in time when they no longer needed the stool.

A's foot

I am raising boys.  BOYS.  They burp and spit and make armpit noises.  I swear it's all genetic because I can assure you that I teach known of those skills.  While I grilled dinner B decided that he needed to try a new water spitting skill he learned from the movie Madagascar 2.

my heart swells with pride


Back to the grind.....

my desk

To continue in our 10-on-10 circle, please visit the very talented Amy Horton.

3 comments:

  1. Love these.. had to laugh at the comment; " My heart swells with pride". Don't they just do that to us! :) And, I wish I had your DIY attitude. I have so many tile-less spaces that need attention! Love your 10 on 10!! :)

    Laurie,
    A Favored Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shot of them going into school. And how fun your laundry room is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this glimpse into your day Jessica. Good idea of setting your alarm to take a picture of your view on the hour. I might have to try that next month! We have also lived in our house for 10 years and we just did a little mini makeover on one of the bedrooms by painting the paneling. After it was done, I wanted to kick myself for not doing it 10 years ago!

    ReplyDelete